In order to trade in the Single Electricity Market, a company must register as a Party.
How to register
An applicant becomes a Party to the Trading and Settlement Code once you complete the Party Registration process. A Party is bound by the rules, regulations and obligations as set out in the Trading and Settlement Code. If you are already registered as a Party, proceed to unit registration.
Below demontrates the steps for Party Registration in the Balancing Market.
As highlighted in the graphic, to become a Party in the Balancing Marlet you must complete the following steps:
- Pay the accession fee
- Submit your Party Application Form, which is available by getting in contact with SEMO on email@example.com
- Return the completed Accession Deed which will be provided after your application form is validated
- Provide proof of company register
- Submit Party Authorised User Form, nominating the user(s) responsible for creating/maintaining users in the Market Participant Interface
- Submit User Access form, to request the set up of a Registration User and other system user(s) with selected Trading and/or Settlement access rights
To begin the Balancing Market Registration process, call and ask to speak to a Registration representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Party application process can take at least 60 working days to complete, as defined in the Trading and Settlement Code.