Revised Weekly Constraints Update
EirGrid and SONI have published a revised weekly constraints update for the current Week 38.
The revision notes :
- The following units are must run for security of supply, when available: MP1, MP2, MP3, TYC, TB3, B10, and either K1 or K2.
- K1 or K2 must not run to manage operating hours on these units (system conditions depending).
- K1/K2 to be dispatched at min gen where possible to manage operating hours on these units (system conditions depending).
- (Addition of K1 and K2 to Run Hour Preservation group): To ensure that the equivalent operating hours on K1 and K2 are effectively managed to minimize risks for margins across winter 2021/22.
- (Addition of K1 and K2 to System Stability group): There must be at least 3 machines on-load at all times in Northern Ireland. Required for dynamic stability. B10, B31, B32, C30, either K1 or K2
The weekly constraints update is published every Friday evening on the General Publications page of SEM-O.com, and it includes the current monthly update.